Skip Navigation
Welcome to the official website for the town of Princeton, Massachusetts

This table is used for column layout.

Town Seal

Site  This Folder
Crash Report Information
Accident Reporting

The police are required to file a report for all accidents in which the damage exceeds $1,000, and/or in which personal injury has occurred, or in which one of the vehicles involved has fled the scene. If you are in a car accident, you should call, or have some one call, the police. Move your vehicles to safety if you can, but otherwise try not to alter the appearance of the accident scene or of the vehicles involved.

An accident report must be filed if any person is killed or injured or where there is damage in excess of $1,000.00 to any one vehicle or other property.

Forms can be downloaded directly from the Registry of Motor Vehicle’s website.

You have five (5) business days starting the next business day after the accident to file the form(s).

You need to have three (3) copies of your accident report and send them to the following:
1. The police department that has jurisdiction over the location where your accident occurred;
2. The Registry of Motor Vehicles;
3.The insurance company or keep for your own records if not needed by same.
It is suggested you contact your insurance agent and they will in turn mail your accident reports to the appropriate agencies.

If you were involved in a Motor Vehicle Accident in Princeton and need a copy of the Police Department report you may purchase the crash report after 72 hours of the crash at


Town of Princeton, 6 Town Hall Drive, Princeton, MA 01541